Monday, December 6, 2010

Food for the Soul .

Before my Sweetheart arrived here at the " Bee's " Nest , I was really worried about this very Subject .

How will Qing adjust away from the daily Chinese Food ? Food that she grew up with and I began to Love more than western Food . Now that it's been a Year , what is actually being put on the Dinner Table each day .
One thing , I can say .. it's not Pizza ones a week . Qing has really started to not only like some of the Dishes I've shown her how to make , but she is going real well with them .
A couple that stand out ; are German Dishes like .. Bratwurst - Fried Potatoes/Potato Dumplings ( northern or southern Style ) Red Cabbage or Sauerkraut . Depends on what I want as a Vegetable .
Schnitzel/Pork chop with Brusselsprout's and Mashpotatoes w. Gravy . As you can see , Qing loves Potatoes as much as Rice . I call it an even split between the two .

She also loves to use our Bar-B-Que/ Smoker , to smoke some of the best Baby-back Rib's that I ever had the pleasure of eating .
One thing I still do and help with is , doing Steak and Pasta's . Reminds me , just the other day .. we had homemade Taco's ( for the first time ) with all the fixings .. that would have pleased a Mexican Crowd .

What Chinese Food concerns , there are just no words to describe it .. just great and taking you back to China . The Food I had the pleasure of being spoiled with from Qing's Parent's , mostly her Father .

Not to forget , now we are Baking Cakes of all kinds . So far , nobody passed away yet .. by eating them . haha

I'd say , all my earlier worries .. were all for nothing really . Qing could have not adjusted better . She even likes In"n"Out Burger's and eat's French fries too . We have NOT been to a KFC or McDonalds as of yet . Maybe KFC , just to see if my LaoPo thinks it's the same as back Home .

May I add , the only one that has gained weight is Me . Qing's has not changed since she's here . It must be , the way she cooks them Potatoes ?

No comments:

Post a Comment