Sunday, November 21, 2010

The first year away from Home ( Shanghai ) .




Sometimes one wonders really , where has the Time gone . We both can hardly believe it's been one year already . Anyway , I try to go back and see what all happened in that time away from Qing's birthplace Shanghai , China of course .

As the ones that keep updated on my Blog , know Qing arrived with China Eastern and also arrived about 35 minutes earlier then planned . Which was a whole story by itself , but I will not go into details on that exciting arrival . After a good three hour wait to finally see her coming out from the Custom area , it was like .. we really have made it . We are finally together after being married for a year and a half . I still have this moment in time inside me and just thinking of it .. will warm my Heart all over again .
So after a lengthy greeting , it was off to have a nice welcoming Luncheon for Qing . Now , it was not going to be Chinese Food .. but actually Mexican Food . That was of course Qing's first taste , of something she will have many times over .. especially in Southern California . Remembering , she had Fish Taco's ( loved them ) Rice ( does not like Mex. Rice ) and of course the famous Re-fried Beans ( loved them also ) . Two Hours were spend talking and eating , as not only I was excited .. but my Aunt and Uncle ( that joined us in Shanghai for the Ceremony ) and one of my Cousins also . It was time to say goodbye to everyone and Qing and I were on our way to Palmdale to show her new Home . This was about 40 miles away from the Restaurant , so I could read on her Face .. how much further and how long before .... ? This drive takes about 45 minutes , the first time for somebody .. it always seems longer of course . We finally arrived at the House about 5:30 pm if I remember well . I drove into the Garage , but not let Qing go into the House through that particular Door ( which leads to the Washroom ) . This is not one of the first things I wanted Qing to see , where she'll be doing the Washing . haha
I ask her to come with me and told her .. that I was going to carry her over the Front Door Threshold .. for good luck I told her . Oh , I'm a lucky Man .. when it came to doing this part .. as Qing only weights 125 lb. . At my Age , I still can handle this with no problem .
Showing her the House inside and outside , I think she was very pleased of her new Home with the " Bee " .
The following Day was just a relaxing day at Home more or less , she needed Rest and adjust to the time change and call her Parent's of her safe arrival .
I had taken a week off work , to be with her and show her around Town , do some visiting with Neighbor's and some of the Family of mine . All this was at my Sweetheart's speed , as I have said .. don't want to rush her into anything . Especially being in a Strange Country , with just about everything done differently .
This , the first couple of months , went much to my surprise .. pretty event less and not a single problem . Not even any sign of being Homesick , except missing her Folks and her little Boy . I took care of this in the first two weeks , downloaded Skype and set up the Webcam . Qing did the Keyboard switch-over , so she can write and read in Mandarin to her liking .. whenever she needs to have it . It is also a great tool for me , to practise my Character's and Pinyin at the same time .
To sum up the first two -three month's , she has adopted really well and could also experience along the way .. her first Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday's .. the good ole American way . Including on New Years day , taking her to see the Floats from the World Famous " Rose Parade " in Pasadena . I think , she's never seen so many Flower's in one Place . All the Crowd , nahh well .. she's used to seeing that back Home .. a City with almost 20 million People .

This will continue of course ... with part two .

No comments:

Post a Comment