Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Part five ... , hope I'm not boring any of my Reader's ?

First , am I Superstitious ? Well this being my 13th Post for this Month , I was thinking .. should I or shouldn't I ?
Can't say that this number ever given me bad Luck , so I will write today . just not in " Black " ink .

I left off last by Qing Passing her Driving Test , so now it was time for her to look for some Part-time work ( not counting out Full-time if worth it ) . Anyway , first I've told LaoPo .. we are going to Market's , Department Stores , Hotel's and a few other's .. like a Teller Job at an Bank . There was no thought of a Fast food Joint at that time .
Found out that all Market Job's , could only be obtained by going on a Computer and filling out an Application and including a Resume and answering many .. many Questions on background Job's and of course Schooling/Education . Which we did at night , only to find out , they all go through an Employment Agency .. with which we really had to deal with more then .. I ever wanted to . In other words , it's a Pain in the Backside . I'm still old-fashion , when it comes to looking for a Job .. just give me a piece a Paper to fill out and call me .. IF ? This was still the case with a few Department Stores , Hotel Desk and a couple Restaurant's ( Chinese ) we applied for . This Job Hunting went on for a good three Month's with NO result . So we included to check the Newspaper from our Area on the Weekend . I was surprised , how few Job's there were .. as for a few Years back .. where the Paper was full of them . Having no good news from anybody coming in , except a Job offer at an 99 Ranch Market in Cucamonga . Oh yeah , Qing will drive herself everyday 80 miles ( one way ) for a Chinese Owner that will Work you to the Bones for a little Money and some Discounts on Items they sell .

This is when the Fast Food Restaurant's idea came along . Why not I thought ? So off we went to every Panta Express in a 15 Mile radius near our Home . Resume after Resume was dropped off at each one . The one good thing we had going for us , was that we have a great Friend working at one of them and he is a Manager of that Facility . But could he help Qing ? I had no idea , but he sure would be helpful if he could .
By now , I swear .. we had filled out at least a couple dozen Application's all over three Valley's . Some 40 mile away , which of course was to be a better Job .. as one does not want to earn Pay to feed the Gas Pump .

Qing's patience was wearing pretty thin with progressing speed . Finally a call ! It was from a JC Penney Store , with an appointment for a Interview . Excited of course , she made it there the day that was set for an Shoe-Department Associate . Coming Home , I wanted to find out right away .. how it went ?
It was good as they were asking some of the same questions , she had already answered on the PC and second .. she was "Only" one .. in about 16-17 People (Women ) there for that same Job .. arrwwwh . So the waiting continued , not for long though . Panta Express called and ask to see Qing . I thought of our Friend right away , was he the one that came through for my LaoPo ?

The day of the Interview was here and Qing had to drive herself to a Place , she was not familiar with . About half an Hour from Home , near a small Airport in a large Building ? The evening before I had to check this Location out , as this did not sound
right , Interview out in nowhere Land ? I was worried for my LaoPo , so I called the Lady back that gave Qing the date/location of the said Interview . After explaining to me that they don't hold them at the actual Restaurant's , but at this Company Building . Now it was all good and Qing made it there on time . To her surprise , our Friend also was present .. but not to do the Interview itself . When it was Qing's turn for questioning , it was like an Audition with not just one Person giving you questions and putting her under quite some pressure . She did her best I'm sure . Another couple weeks passed , before the call that was eluding us came .. you have a Job ! You can say , we were both very happy .. not the greatest Job .. but it's a beginning for my Sweetheart . Somewhat of a Job experience here in the States , that will only be for a time .. she'll find a much better one .. after going to School to be a ( her wish ) Registered Nurse . This will be a few years down the Road .. but a great Goal none the less .

Anyway , I'm happy to see my LaoPo feeling much better .. not just sitting at Home .

LaoPo happy ... LaoGong happy TOO !

PS: Sorry , I would add a Photo of my LaoPo in Uniform , but was told nicely NOT to .

2 comments:

  1. It is fantastic that your wife found a job, Arnold. I hope she enjoys it and gets an opportunity to contribute her skills. Great posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carl !
    I'm glad you like the Posts . I see many reading them , but no comments .. so I feel their are not that interesting and this is definitely not what I want .

    ReplyDelete