Saturday, May 23, 2009

Start of a long weekend !

Long week-end ....
and lot's to do !!!

As the long weekend started , so first thing you do , is sleep in . I did not get out of the House , till almost 13:00 . First one the list of errands was go to the Carwash and see the Owner face to face and tell him about last weekend's waste of time . I showed him an Estimate of another Bodyshop to fix my Car . I was not as uasual , in a bad mood , just wanted this thing done and over with . I gave him one more chance to do it right or I will take it in my own Hands and get it done and give him the Bill . So next Saturday it will happen for sure , he promised and apologized for my inconvinence . I can live with this , one more time .

My second stop was the Home improvement store , for some Plants and a new in-Sink Food Disposer .

So coming home I got to play Gardener , which I alway's enjoy very much . A new Plant for my front Door and a Money Tree for my Fireplace . Oh ... yes , a money Tree that grows " Yuan's ( RMB's ) and not Dollar's . So naturally , this is a chinese Money Tree . That will solve my Economical problems , for future Trip's to China . The only downfall with this Tree , is you don't know or can tell what kind of denomination's it will produce ? Not till the first Harvest , which should be a few month's time . ( see photo on top left )


Then , after eating Dinner , I got to play Plumber and Electrician . First order of Job , take the old worn-out Unit out of the Sink and out of it's misery . Making sure I have all part's and Tools needed to do this Job , I was more than ready to do this . One does not realize how much we use them , till they don't work anymore . So after installing the electrcial cord from the old unit , which I thought was odd , no new cord on the new disposal ? Oh well , this took me about one and a half hour's and it works great . Much better then the original one , the one that came with the House . You know about a tract home , cheapest Appliance's they can find . Which I have fixed or replaced many over the nine year's , I owned this House .
Tomorrow , it's back to my Yard for much needed trim on all three sides of the house , except the front that I finished on Friday after work already .

I am so thankful , for having lived in Upstate New York ( Blauvelt , Slate Hill , Cornwall ) . Because , if I would have come to California straight from Germany in 1969 , I would not have had the chance to work as a Construction contractor for the four year's , to learn all , that need's to be done around a Home . After all , who want's to be a Auto Mechanic with all those rusted out Car's ? Not Me !!! So when the opportunity opened in Calif . , heck ... why not ? California here I come !

So now we get to kick back and enjoy the Evening and think of my Sweetheart . What better way to relax is there ?




2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very busy week-end Arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Martin , only I felt lazy today . Put the backyard of til tomorrow . Nobody here to tell me do it NOW , how nice . So I'll get going before it get's too hot .

    ReplyDelete