Sunday, May 10, 2009


Today was a special day for all the Mother's , for what they have done for their Children throughout their Life . So for me , since I am not in Shanghai , to celecrate this day with Qing's Mom and my Mother in-law there and also couldn't be in Germany with my Mom , so I decided to spend it with my other Mother in-law ( Nancy's Mom ) and two of her seven Sister's .
We were to meet for Lunch about 13:00 at their House in Moreno Valley .
It was good to see my Mother in-law out of Bed for a change and feeling pretty alert and happy to see us all , she is after all 84 year's old . As one can see , my two Sister in-law are busy preparing Lunch in the Kitchen . Of course their Cooking is as good as my late Wife's was , all love to cook and have many Cookbook's . But , I think Nancy beat them all , by having about 300 all together . I myself , never Cook out of a Book , leave alone from a Recipe . That is just not me . I cook from Memory watching her do her stuff in the Kitchen . Dinner is usually done at home , don't like to eat out by myself in a Restaurant . Eat fast-foods as little as possible , but sometimes you just crave a Hamburger or Hotdog with all the fixing's .
Anyway , had a wonderful time among Family member's , that are as loving as my Nancy was and we do concider us still in-law's , why wouldn't we ? Just because one looses a loved one , does not mean we have to say goodbye and I'm not part of this Family anymore . They are going to be part of my Family forever , of course I feel , that they think the same of me too . But I'm not worried . Qing is going to like them alot , they will like Qing the same , after meeting her . Thinking about this , I know Nancy's sister's will compare Qing with their older sister at the beginning , but that is natural and I can not blame them for doing that . I think all sister's and brother's would do that , because they still miss her very much . On the other hand , they will gain a new sister in-law for them , that is not replacing Nancy in their Heart's , but pretty close right next to it .
Through all this very nice day , there are very few moment's though , that I don't think of my Sweetheart . What is she doing for Mother's day ? How is her Mom going to spend it ? How is my Mom spending it , with no Children to see there , only phone calls . Deep down , I feel they all had a wonderful and relaxing day .
I can not be in three places at the same time , so we do the best we can .
FOR ALL THE MOM'S OUT THERE , HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!!

2 comments:

  1. Arnold, you are a very kind man - it is so nice for you to share yourself this way in honoring your late-wife's mother. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carl , you know I'm a softy at Heart . They been part of over half my Life , so it's only natural for me , to feel this way .
    As you should well know , how close chinese are Family-wise , so Qing really appreciates my Family bond towards my , let's say still In-law's , because she knows , this is how I feel towards her Parent's too . There are three most important things you can have in a Lifetime , 1st; Health ;2nd; a wonderful Wife 3rd; a loving Family .

    Carl , really hope you have better Luck with the next Lady , you deserve it .

    ReplyDelete