Monday, August 31, 2009

Today , just some Photo's from near my Home .

This has been a wonderful Weekend , what getting ready for my Flight to be with my LaoPo in two weeks time concerns .

But it also was a frightening few day's for many People having Homes in the Mountains . Where I'm glad I don't and can feel a lot safer , from such happening's .



































***************************
First Photo is right from the Driveway of my House .
The second and third are from the Shopping Center , about a mile from my House .
Pretty scary , to think the day after this Fire had grown to twice the size . But it moved to the East away from Palmdale towards Victoville and Barstow .
You can imagine the Air quality was pretty bad and everytime I came out of a Store , my Car was covered with Ash . Having 100 degree's temp . already and a Fire that size near you , made it for a couple of " HOT " day's .

6 comments:

  1. Fabntastic pictures Arnold, glad to hear the worst of it is a dirty car for you, must be sheer hell for the poor folks going through that.
    Those pictures look like they are straight out of a disaster movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Irish . It does seem so much closer than it actually is . That Fire is about 25 to 30 miles away from my House . Haha , all that is missing a Tornado coming out of that Cloud . Tha day that Palmdale ended .

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it gets much closer, you will be pulling out the hot dogs to have your own outdoor BBQ! I agree with Irish that it looks too much like a scene from a disaster movie.

    When I was out there to visit California quite a few years ago, it seemed like most of southern Cali was desert... is there really that much out there in those hills to burn?

    Stay safe, Arnold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carl , some of those Mountains havn't burned in some 40 to 60 year's . There is alway's the high grass and desert growth and with no Rain to speak off , watch out . Ones going there is no stopping it , unless it Rains or everything has burned to the ground already . It's every year the same , just in different places . Usually started by Lighting or Idiot's .

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pics remind me of the San Diego wildfires we had only a few years ago. It's not a pretty sight and what a pain it is to get the ash out of everything. Glad to know your not in harms way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ed , I am not in any really dangerous Fire zone where I live . I have to keep telling that to Qing , after she saw those Photo's . She does read my Blog , but can not comment on it .
    It's been pretty hard breathing here lately , all week long . It snmell of smoke and Fire is everywhere .
    I would never want a house in the Mountains here especially , seems like a yearly thing .

    ReplyDelete