Monday, April 6, 2009

Qing/Ming Festival through my Qing's Eyes!

Today , I want to remember what it is like to be part of this very special , yearly visit to the Gravesite of passed Ancester's and Loved ones . This annual trip to pay respect , is a whole Family ceremony each time , if possible , as health and the distance to the actual gravesite varies with each individual Person and Family member's . What makes this Ceremony special ? As I understand , from learning from my beautiful Wife , they bring Flower's , many kind's of Fruit ( Apple's , Oranges , Banana's , ect. ) they bring Candle's and Insence , which is a must when Praying for keeping the Family healthy and safe and a long and happy Life . They also burn ( Fake ) Money , which is concidered special Money for the Ancester's to use in Heaven . As I am a Catholic , with my own believes of God and Heaven , this is still a big part of my Wife , so I in a way , also appreciate their believes , we all do want pretty much the same think out of Life and when it comes to an end , to be part of a place , we here on Earth call Heaven . Of course one must earn it , while living our Life's here , among each other .
PS: Knowing my Qing , she pray'd not only for her Family as a whole , but I know she pray'd for her Shanghai MiFeng and for Herself , to have good health , a wonderful , happy future and a long Life for both of us , together in America , and help her to adjust well to our Customs and Culture . Being with the one you truely Love , it will be half as hard , as one might think .

My Prayer's go out to three Family's , my own , my late wife's , my new Family . Which in a way , show's my Prayer's go all around the Earth and hopefully also reach Heaven .

No comments:

Post a Comment