Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today , I like to take a view back !

Ones in a while , I like to think back , when I came to Shanghai for the first time ( photo on left ) . I know exactly how I felt at this moment when I took that photo , coming in for a landing at Pudong Airport . Flying for 13 hour's to Beijing and another 2 hour's to finally arrive what was my destination , on 7th May '08 , to be with my beautiful Lady , that up to this point in a way , only existed on paper and as a voice over the Phone . But our Heart's loved each other , so much , that this was not only to see my Sweetheart for the first time Face to Face , also to get married on this my first trip to China .

So , how did I feel , at the moment this photo was taken ? I would be lying if I was not the happiest , yet ... also a very nervous Man . Not so much , meeting my Qing , well maybe a little , but coming to a place with different Custom's and Culture and not knowing the Mandarin or Shanghainese for that matter .

From right here , I was about one hour away , to meet ... after seven month's of writing the most warm , romantic and yes sometimes very Hot letter's ... my Shanghai Flower , that the Palmdale Bee has found because of her lovely Profile photo ( photo right ) . With this on my Mind , after picking up my Luggage and going through the Custom check-point , I stepped out through the glass door . Looking left and looking right , through and over many People that were waiting to meet other's . I did not see any sight of Qing . So , my Heart racing by now about 200 plus , I walked through the Corridor that lead's to the way out , where all the Taxi's and Buses are waiting . Still no Qing ? Now of course I start to worry , what if ... what if ? So I went back inside to the Meeting place one more time , nothing ? What next , I thought ? The Telephone , I did have Qing's phone number with me , called her cell phone . My luck , only a chinese message on it , which of course did not know what it's say'd . Great ??? I put the phone down and started walking again toward's the exit , twenty minute's have passed and no Qing . When all of a sudden , a strange Man at the Phonebooth that I was using call me back and ask if my name was Arnold ? Qing had called that booth and the Man was just standing there , when it rang . It was my Sweetheart on the Phone after all that , she was late due to heavy Traffic to the Airport , which is about two hour's from her home . Oh , what a relief , as you can imagine .
Five minute's later Qing spotted me first and called me by my name and I turned around and my Heart almost jumped out of my chest , when I saw her standing only feet away in front of me . One could knock all my memory out of my Brain , but this moment will never leave it . What one might think was all a dream , was standing right in front of me , we looked into each other's Eyes . Realizing , we can feel each other's Hand and touch the Hair , see the same smile , that got me starting to write to her on 23rd Nov .'07 . Needless to say , we hugged and started to Kiss ... and Kiss , looked into ones Eyes and Kissed some more . It was all unreal , how much love we had for each other , and it is still growing with every minute , together or apart . Our Heart's , our Mind's , our Love , the Bee and the Flower are alway's connected by " True Love " .
So after that exciting first meeting , it was off to the Tanfu Business Hotel , Qing's cousin Xu Xin , dropped us off there and after checking in , it was time for some Lunch and we decided on Sushi at a Japanese Restaurant right next to the Hotel . Yes , laugh ... in China and going to eat Sushi for our first meal together ... I agree , that is funny .
In the late Afternoon , we got picked up by Xu Xin again , to take us ( Me ) to meet Qing's Parent's and for a home cooked Dinner at there House . Of course this time I was not as nervous , because I had my Qing with me this time . Ater meeting Qing's wonderful Parent's and a most delicious Dinner . Why was I not surprised that Qing's Parent's are as nice and as kind , as she is ? What a loving Family , I am going to be part of ? They love me like their own Son , and I am Honored to call them Gong Gong ( ba ba ) and Mma . Not to forget Qing's little boy " TianChi " me and him , got along well right from the beginning , with his Mother's help of course .
What an exiting 48 hour's without sleep , I was ready for Bed and a good night sleep , in my Sweetheart's arms , or was it the other way around ?
....to be continued .

2 comments:

  1. Imagine if that guy never picked up that phone call. That's fate. Hey Arnold, now that I seen her ChnLove profile pic, can I send her a "Cupid Note" ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure ... Chong , but she might tell you , she's taken ?
    If this first day is something , and you like it , that's nothing ? You'll going to love my Book . If two People are ment for each other , it's us . We know it and Fate knows it .

    ReplyDelete