Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What a hard day , this has been !

Today I left work earlier then usually . About an hour or so , since my Uncle had to go to Las Vegas for a couple of day's , to sign some loan paper's for his daughter's House they bought over the weekend . Having been given some big Boxes from our warehouse for Car part's . I thought ... well let me take them home and start cleaning out my walk-in closet , of the rest of my late wife's things . Well that came to a quick stop , because those two boxes couldn't hold a fifth of the clothes in THAT closet , mostly blouse's and top's . So , got myself some of those big Lawn Bags and started , what I thought was not going to take too long . As you Guy's all know pretty much , what an emotional Guy , I am ? It took only a couple of top's off the hanger's and the Tears started to roll , and roll they did . See , these are not just clothes , these are pieces that my late wife wore on a regular bases and that brought back memories of the times , I have seen her wearing this and that . Many of them , I either took to the Cleaner's or I iron'd them for my wife , many times over . I had to stop and get a hold of myself every few minutes . This is so much harder , than just giving some of her clothes to her daughter's , which I was not going to do , with what was left . I must of given them thousand's of dollar's worth of clothes and shoe's already . Now this took me about two hour's and seven of those big Lawn Bags after , full of , and I mean great clothes . Some are new and other's like new , still with cleaner's plastic over them . This has me so shaken , that I totally lost my appetite to eat dinner . I just took a cool shower and poured me a Glass of Red Wine and started to write . This is the hardest thing I had to do , since the Funeral itself . Because , the memories are all good ones ( 95% of them anyway ). This is why , I wanted to do it this way . Now they sit in the Garage and bagged up , so after some weeks go by , I think it will get easier to take them to Goodwill . At least they will go for a good cause and will make many People happy to get them . I know my late wife would not mind of this .

Anyhow , now I only have the Hallway closet to worry about , mostly her Pant's and heavy Sweater's and two big plastic boxes full of winter clothes . I tell you , this Woman had clothes everywhere , no wonder , I only had little closet space for myself ? Remember , I have given away Shoe's already . Well , I have about ... let's say two to three dozen left . But those are about Qing's size , with some worn only once or twice . So , if she don't mind to try them on , great . If not , than they will go also . I just hate to see them go to waste , when Shoe's are so expansive nowaday's . I will leave it up to my Sweetheart , what to do with them ?

So , that said and my Glass half empty ( or half full ) , you can see , it was not an easy task . Now , if we had divorced or broken up , that would have made this a whole lot easier ! Hehehe . I think ????

This is actually not what I was going to write today , but it had to be said . I will write , what was on my Mind before ... I got hold of those lousy Boxes . But , I am glad I have done what I needed to do sooner or later anyway .

PS : There is of course , my late Wife's nightgown , that she had on when she past away , that will go nowhere . It will stay in my Dresser draw for ever . This I took with me all over the place , when visiting Family member's , after she past away . Even took it to Germany . It was next to me every night , for month's . Not anymore , but it means too much to let this go . I know , Qing will understand this , she know's how much I loved her and she know's that I will Love her equally as much .

*** IS THAT NOT RIGHT , SWEETHEART ? ***

4 comments:

  1. Wise man say "If you fall in love, you fall in love forever". Isn't thae way the song goes. There much truth in it. Therefore it still hurts I guess, but it doesn't mean you love Qing less. I am pretty sure she knows how lucky she is having such a good man who does show his emotions. I wish Qing and you a long life filled with happyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hajo , I hope she'll keep me young enough so I wont feel me Age . Hehehe

    It's been almost two and a half year's , but She will alway's be on my Mind and in my Heart forever . She'd do the same for me .

    Qing know's , that very same TRUE LOVE is her's now .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family went through a similiar experience when my father passed away in Nov '07. Similiar emotions. You're entering into a new chapter in your life, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Chong , new Chapter , new Wife , and also new Friends . Can Life be any better ? It might , but for me it is as wonderful , as it could have ever been . Now it's time to enjoy Chapter two .

    ReplyDelete